Film actor Sushant Singh Rajput is under constant questioning of his girlfriend Riya Chakraborty in the suicide case. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) questioned Riya, her brother, father and manager on Friday and then on Monday. On one hand, while the ED is eyeing all the transactions of Riya, in the meantime, India Today has received details of Riya Chakraborty’s income tax returns. Through which many things have been revealed.
• Riya Chakraborty’s earnings increased suddenly in the 2017-18, 2018-19 financial year ITR, but the source was not known.
• Now ED is investigating this source of income, Riya has invested in many places. Which is showing more than their earnings.
• In the financial year 2017-18, Riya’s earnings were around 18 lakhs. (This is different from tax deduction)
• In the financial year 2018-19, Riya has shown an income of Rs 18 lakhs in ITR.
• Between 2018 and 2019, Riya’s fixed assets increased from 96 thousand to 9 lakh.
Not only this, Riya is also a shareholder in some companies. The ED is also investigating from where Riya bought shares worth Rs 34 lakh in 2017-18, while earning only 18 lakh.
• Apart from this, FD is also being investigated in HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank.
• There is no information of any major transaction in ITR between 2017-2019.
Significantly, on behalf of Sushant Singh Rajput’s family, it was alleged that Rs 15 crores were released from Sushant’s bank account. Apart from this, many more money transactions were also said. Since then, the ED has intensified the inquiry in this entire matter.
Apart from Riya, ED is talking to her family members and manager. However, during interrogation on Friday, Riya denied the withdrawal of money from Sushant’s account. The ED questioned Riya for about eight hours and her brother for over 12 hours.
Let us tell you that apart from ED, now CBI’s entry has also been done in this case, the Central Government has approved the CBI to investigate it. However, the Maharashtra government says that the case is still with the state police, it has not been transferred to the CBI.